RollDock shipping BV recently transported the HQ-184 Hai Phong submarine from St. Petersburg, Russia to Cam Ranh, Vietnam. This is the third of six Kilo-Class submarines Vietnam contracted to purchase from Russia.
The submarine, of the 636 Varshavyanka (Kilo)-class, was carried on board the Rolldock Star and was loaded by Flo-Flo method in St Petersburg. The HQ-184 Hai Phong is 73.80 meters long, 9.90 meters wide and has a displacement of about 3,950 tons. After a safe trip onboard the Rolldock Star of about 14.000 sea miles, the new submarine was safely discharged in Vietnam.
The first submarine of the series, the HQ-182 Hanoi, was transported by m/v Rolldock Sea and delivered to Vietnam at Cam Ranh military port on 31st December 2013.
The second submarine HQ-183 arrived in Vietnam with the new Rolldock Star on 19th March 2014.
Rolldock has also been awarded to transport the fourth Vietnam newbuilding submarine in Q2 of 2015 and has built a reputable track record in transporting military cargoes over the years.
Together with our in-house engineering department we are able to meet all customers’ special requirements such as :
- Dock-type vessel giving high protection of cargo against the elements of nature.
- High speed transport vessel of 17 to 18 knots, with twin main engines, propeller and rudders giving high redundancy rating
- Riders are traveling along during the trip to prepare and handle the transfer of ownership
- Cargo hold can be closed with hatch covers to avoid prying eyes on military cargo’s
- Specific power supply and HVAC to the military cargo.
- Provide cooling water to the cargo by vessel’s fire fighting spray system which can be used during the duration voyage or in tropical waters.
- Custom designed and fabricated cribbing for each customer for save transport of the military cargo(s).
- Motion analysis by Octopus on movements and forces on the cargo
For more information you can fill in our online request form or send us an e-mail.